December 4th, 2015
On Friday, December 4th, Feast Local Food Marketplace will hold its second industry-only tradeshow. This day is exclusively for food growers, makers, and buyers. The conference will offer a range of workshops, access to technical assistance, and plenty of opportunities for networking. Growers and foodmakers will gain information on expanding sales, accessing new markets, and scaling up their operations. Buyers will learn how to more effectively source more local and regional foods.
The day will start with workshops and access to the resource and technical assistance booths. There will be a break for lunch and then the tradeshow floor will open for buyers and producers in the afternoon.
That evening we will host a buyer and exhibitor reception with local food and drink.
Schedule of Tradeshow Day:
- Brand development (Angie Bastian, Angie’s Boom Chickapop)
- Selecting and working with a distributor (2 sessions: Rob Fuglie, Nots; Dustin VanAsse, Bare Honey)
- Sourcing ingredients (Agricultural Utilization Research Institute)
- Sourcing packaging (Agricultural Utilization Research Institute)
- Using social media (Jeff Sommers, Izzy’s Ice Cream)
- Legal issues (Jambor Heyman)
11AM-12PM Buyers' Forum
12PM-2PM Lunch on our own / Move in/out for those participating in only single day of Feast
2PM-6PM Tradeshow floor open (prior to 2PM, tradeshow floor will be closed)