FEAST! Local Foods Marketplace 2020 is ON!
Announcing our NEW DATE, LOCATION, and ONLINE MARKETPLACE:
Sunday, December 6th — Graham Park, Rochester, MN
Vendors wanted for in-person holiday market + online local foods store!
The move to Graham Park (home of the Rochester Farmers Market and the Olmstead County Fair) will allow us to provide a more safe and streamlined event with accessible parking, curbside pick-up, and lower booth costs. The in-person event will have increased space around booths, and masks will be required.
Photos above are from past FEAST! events
2020 EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
Online Marketplace: $50, due with your application, if you register by Mon, Oct 26.
In-person Marketplace: $50, due with your application.
- Listing your products for sale in our online marketplace, which includes being featured on the website and being included in our promotion efforts.
- Online sales will include a 10-15% markup on customers' final price to cover the cost of the platform.
- Products must be shipped or delivered to our aggregation site if you don't attend the in-person marketplace. Full details TBA or email elena [at] local-feast.org.
- Online customers will pick up orders at Graham Park in Rochester, MN on December 6th.
- Capacity at our in-person pop-up holiday marketplace at Graham Park in Rochester, MN on December 6th is limited to 40 vendor booths.
- Electricity is available on request; pipe and drape will not be provided but can be ordered for $45.
* All applications will be reviewed by a jury of professionals from the FEAST Network before being accepted. In the event that a vendor is not accepted, all fees will be refunded immediately in full. (See "Selection Process" below).
VENDOR BOOTH DESCRIPTION:
FEAST! provides a banquet table and two chairs. For the 2020 pop up market we will not be supplying pipe and drape side or back curtain, but you can order them for $45.
Here's a quick sketch of the two buildings we'll be using at Graham Park. On the left is Building 35, and on the right is Building 31, aka Floral Hall. In the diagram, each rectangle with a line through it represents ONE booth, and is 8' wide x 10' deep.
Similarly in this photo from Tiffany Alexandria/Choochoo-ca-Chew, Building 35 is on the left and Floral Hall is on the right:
Wisconsin and Minnesota businesses can take advantage of cost-sharing programs provided by your state, and receive up to a 50% match on your exhibitor's fees.
- Minnesota exhibitors can request a match for your exhibitor fees and some other expenses through the MN Dept. of Agriculture Tradeshow Support Program. Minnesota vendors must exhibit during the Friday tradeshow to receive these matching funds. See eligibility information here.
- Wisconsin exhibitors must be current members of Something Special from Wisconsin™. Members receiving this match will be located in a group with the other SSfW™ members in the exhibit hall. See membership information here.
COVID 19 PREPAREDNESS PLANNING:
- We are following the guidelines put in place by Governor Walz, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Olmsted County Public Health Services, the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Public tickets will be sold with staggered start times. Capacity limits will be enforced.
- All vendors, attendees, and staff will be required to follow social distancing guidelines. Masks must be worn at all times with the exception of designated sampling areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided to the public. All vendors must bring portable hand-washing stations.
When submitting your application you may either pay via credit card or check. Payment must be received before your application will be processed.
• Sunday, December 6th - FEAST! Local Food Marketplace public hours 10 am - 4 pm.
Times subject to change. Booth setup between 8 am and 9:30 am, or Saturday evening.
The $50 registration fee will only be refunded if the December 6th event & online markets are canceled, or the application does not meet eligibility requirements.
Companies and products are reviewed by our team and based on responses to the application questions. Preference is given to companies that are sourcing ingredients locally.
We are working with Olmstead County Public Health to determine safety protocols for food sampling. Samples will likely need to be pre-portioned in closed containers.
SPECIAL EVENT LICENSING
If you want to sell product(s) during the public festival, you may be required to display this license, which requires that you are licensed to manufacture your product in your home state and that you fill out the application and pay the license fee prior to the FEAST event. If you are not selling products, this additional license is not required. The average cost is $77.
*Only food is allowable for sale at FEAST!*
All vendors at FEAST! must use compostable food ware items to sample their products if possible. more info here
The following is a list of hotels that vary by distance from the Mayo Civic Center. Rates may vary when booking.
Rates beginning from:
Distance from Mayo Civic Center: